Additional Retail Adaptations Announced
May 8, 2020
Amador County Public Health learned last evening that the State has allowed for additional retail establishments to open today, May 8, 2020. This includes curbside retail for bookstores, jewelry stores, toy stores, clothing stores, shoe stores, home and furnishing stores, sporting goods stores, antique stores, music stores, florists, and the supply chain supporting these businesses.
Industry specific guidelines and checklists are now posted on California’s COVID-19 Roadmap website: https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap/#guidance.
These guidelines are being implemented to ensure a safe, clean environment for both workers and patrons.
“We were pleased to learn of these additions late last evening,” says Dr. Rita Kerr, “As we move into Stage 2 of reopening, our intention is to attest as quickly as possible, and move to allowing seated dining and in-store retail with guidelines for social distancing.”
Amador County remains under the statewide order. Amador County Public Health will continue to work with the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) moving the attestation forward and to strategize on our local community moving safely through this staged process of reopening during this pandemic.
- AWA: Seeking Candidates for the Position of AWA General Manager - Applications due Fri May 8 by 5pm
- Community Seedling Sale - Sat May 9
- Sutter Creek Music Box Company offers 20% off for in-stock items for Mother's Day
- Art In Amador: Now accepting registrations for Amador County art! Deadline is June 15
Looking for more events? Check us out on Facebook at: Facebook.com/AmadorCounty
Obituary Notices can be found at: DaneriMortuary.com
- PG&E: Electra Day Use area closure
- CAL FIRE: CAL FIRE: Residential Burn Permits Required May 1st
- AWA Thanks Motherlode Mask Makers
- Sutter Creek Theatre: Rescheduled Shows!
LatinX Art Show can be viewed at AmadorArts' Online Gallery
Amador Council of Tourism: Visit Amador Goes Digital!
- SURVEY: Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Community Survey 2020 - Due by May 29, 2020
VIA Sutter Creek Resiliency Plan (Facebook group):
"Trespassing has become a huge problem in the last few weeks. While most people understand that, especially kids, are bored, you should always ask permission BEFORE crossing gates or fencing. There are even apps that tell you the name and phone number of a property owner."
HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT? Community briefs, meeting notices, press releases, newsletters and Letters to the Editor are published and posted, FREE on ACN!
It's that easy!
- Sutter Creek Planning Commission meets on the 2nd Mon at 7 PM.
- District 3 Community Council meets on the 2nd Mon at 6PM.
- Jackson Planning Commission meets on the 3rd Mon at 7 PM.
INTRODUCE READING TO YOUR YOUNG CHILDREN! Attend Pre-school Storytime and play! Thursdays 10:30-11:00 at the Main Library in Jackson, or at the Ione branch on Mondays 10:00 a.m.
LOCKWOOD FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT AUXILIARY - We raise money for our volunteer personnel and have a lot of fun doing this. We have dinners, concerts and our annual pancake breakfast. We meet every 1st Monday of the month. If you are interested in joining our group, contact Carol Asmus at 209-2396-5681 or Marilyn Dillion, VP at 209-296-8011. Our website is www.lockwoodfire.org
AMADOR COUNTY DEMOCRATIC CENTRAL COMMITTEE meets on the 1st Monday of every month at 7PM at their office at 557 Hwy 49 Suite 3, Jackson. Call 209-257-1397. The public is welcome to attend. https://amadordemocrats.org/
(They also meet the third Wednesday of each month (2-3:30pm) at Amador Residential Care in Jackson- for information contact Sheri at 223-4444.)
- Amador County Board of Supervisors meets on the 2nd & 4th Tues at 9AM.
- Ione Planning Commission meets on the 2nd Tues at 6PM
Class: Learn to Speak Spanish - Tuesdays & Thursdays
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SUPPORT GROUP - Tuesdays at 10AM. 817 Court Street Suite 12 in Jackson. 95642 Call Operation Care for information, 223-2600.
MOTHER LODE ROSE SOCIETY meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 1:30pm at the Amador Senior Center, 229 New York Ranch Road, Jackson. For more information on meetings and events, visit: https://motherloderose.org/
ACRA BINGO - 1st & 3rd Tues at 6PM at the American Legion Hall Post 108 (11401 American Legion Drive in Sutter Creek). $10 for 10 games. We have Pull Tabs and U-Pic-Ems, raffle prizes, complimentary cookies and coffee, soda and water available for purchase. Feel free to bring your own dinner and your friends! For more information, visit: http://goacra.org/adult-programs
“READ ACROSS AMADOR” MEETINGS - 3rd Tuesday of Every Month at 12:30 pm at the ATCAA office at 935 S. Hwy 49, Jackson. Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. Please mark your calendars, and join us to discuss ways to increase literacy awareness and opportunities in Amador County. Meetings are open to everyone! For more information, please call 257-1092.
- Amador County Unified School District (ACUSD) Board meets on the 2nd & 4th Wed at 6:30 PM.
- Amador County Women's Network (ACWN) meets on the 4th Weds of the month at 11AM
CHAMBER MIXERS - 2nd Wednesdays at 5:30pm. Raffle prizes, appetizers, no-host bar. Admission $10. Wine/mixed drink, $5, Beer, $3. Donate a raffle item. amadorchamber.com
- Amador County Transportation Commission 1st Thurs at 9AM
- Amador Water Agency (AWA) Board meets on the 2nd & 4th Thurs at 9 AM.
- Plymouth City Council meets on 2nd & 4th Thurs at 6:30 PM.
- Class: Learn to Speak Spanish - Tuesdays & Thursdays
MOTHER LODE DEMOCRATS OF AMADOR meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30PM. For more information, call Steve Christensen (209) 267-0615
SHINGLE SPRINGS BAND OF MIWOK INDIANS ELDERS OUTREACH - 4th Fridays at 10AM - Dept of Ag (USDA) monthly food distribution program, open to all Elders age 60+, meeting the income guidelines, residing in Amador, or Calaveras County. Must not be currently receiving CSFP at another distribution site.
Application will be processed on site by the food program staff members.
- Bring ID or Birth Certificate
- Proof of residency - recent mail
- Knowledge of current gross household income
For more information, call the California Tribal TANF Partnership at (209) 257-6150
LGBTQ PEER SUPPORT GROUP - 3rd Friday of every month from 5-6pm at Sierra Wind Wellness & Recovery Center, 10354 Argonaut Lane, Jackson. For more information, contact Marla at 209-256-3750 or e-mail mvandermeer
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AmadorRCD/
Amador Community News (ACN) is an independent, non-partisan, politically-neutral community media platform, and does not advocate or endorse political parties or candidates. Such content, ads, views and opinions are solely those of the providers and readers, and are not expressly those of ACN. - Carol Harper, Editor E-mail: email@example.com